Petroc’s plans for new-look sports hall
College hopes to refurbish and extend deteriorating sports hall.
PETROC has unveiled plans for a new-look and extended sports hall at its Barnstaple campus.
The college has applied for planning permission to build a new roof and create a first floor 150 sq m dance studio at ‘D Block’ as part of a 10-year strategy to improve its estate for students and staff.
A design and access statement submitted with the application on behalf of the college says that a number of elements of the early 1970s brick and concrete panel-clad sports hall are in need of remedial works, the most urgent of which are the roofs.
It adds: “Petroc has received funding from the Government’s Enhanced Renewal Grant and the college is seeking to implement a �3million programme of essential improvements at its Barnstaple campus.
You may also want to watch:
“The first phase of which is the replacement of the existing deteriorating sports hall roof and provision of a new dance studio extension.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple