Petroc’s plans for new-look sports hall
College hopes to refurbish and extend deteriorating sports hall.
PETROC has unveiled plans for a new-look and extended sports hall at its Barnstaple campus.
The college has applied for planning permission to build a new roof and create a first floor 150 sq m dance studio at ‘D Block’ as part of a 10-year strategy to improve its estate for students and staff.
A design and access statement submitted with the application on behalf of the college says that a number of elements of the early 1970s brick and concrete panel-clad sports hall are in need of remedial works, the most urgent of which are the roofs.
It adds: “Petroc has received funding from the Government’s Enhanced Renewal Grant and the college is seeking to implement a �3million programme of essential improvements at its Barnstaple campus.
You may also want to watch:
“The first phase of which is the replacement of the existing deteriorating sports hall roof and provision of a new dance studio extension.”
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted