Petroc director says farewell
PETROC has said farewell to its director of resources, Karen Trigger who has retired this month after 14 years at the Barnstaple college. Karen was appointed as college accountant in 1995. Her job was later re-styled as head of finance and she, along with
PETROC has said farewell to its director of resources, Karen Trigger who has retired this month after 14 years at the Barnstaple college.
Karen was appointed as college accountant in 1995. Her job was later re-styled as head of finance and she, along with Jane Barton, chief admin officer, became the first support staff members to join the senior management team.
Karen became director of resources in 2005 and has been responsible for all of the resource areas in the college since, keeping the college running efficiently from a financial viewpoint.
It was not only at the college she has been successful. She was the first female accountant in Barnstaple and became the very first female vice principal and director of resources at the college. She attended Edgehill College and is heavily involved in the Millennium Green in Landkey.
You may also want to watch:
It was this and other such activities which won her the Landkey Citizen of the Year award.
Both of Karen's children attended Petroc. She now hopes to spend more time with them and her grandson Archie during her retirement.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president