Petroc director says farewell
PETROC has said farewell to its director of resources, Karen Trigger who has retired this month after 14 years at the Barnstaple college. Karen was appointed as college accountant in 1995. Her job was later re-styled as head of finance and she, along with
PETROC has said farewell to its director of resources, Karen Trigger who has retired this month after 14 years at the Barnstaple college.
Karen was appointed as college accountant in 1995. Her job was later re-styled as head of finance and she, along with Jane Barton, chief admin officer, became the first support staff members to join the senior management team.
Karen became director of resources in 2005 and has been responsible for all of the resource areas in the college since, keeping the college running efficiently from a financial viewpoint.
It was not only at the college she has been successful. She was the first female accountant in Barnstaple and became the very first female vice principal and director of resources at the college. She attended Edgehill College and is heavily involved in the Millennium Green in Landkey.
You may also want to watch:
It was this and other such activities which won her the Landkey Citizen of the Year award.
Both of Karen's children attended Petroc. She now hopes to spend more time with them and her grandson Archie during her retirement.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land