Petroc director says farewell
PETROC has said farewell to its director of resources, Karen Trigger who has retired this month after 14 years at the Barnstaple college. Karen was appointed as college accountant in 1995. Her job was later re-styled as head of finance and she, along with
PETROC has said farewell to its director of resources, Karen Trigger who has retired this month after 14 years at the Barnstaple college.
Karen was appointed as college accountant in 1995. Her job was later re-styled as head of finance and she, along with Jane Barton, chief admin officer, became the first support staff members to join the senior management team.
Karen became director of resources in 2005 and has been responsible for all of the resource areas in the college since, keeping the college running efficiently from a financial viewpoint.
It was not only at the college she has been successful. She was the first female accountant in Barnstaple and became the very first female vice principal and director of resources at the college. She attended Edgehill College and is heavily involved in the Millennium Green in Landkey.
It was this and other such activities which won her the Landkey Citizen of the Year award.
Both of Karen's children attended Petroc. She now hopes to spend more time with them and her grandson Archie during her retirement.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 3 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 8 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 9 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 10 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market