Petroc announces new law and business degree
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple campus will be offering a brand new foundation degree from September, subject to final approval from Plymouth University.
STUDENTS wanting to study for a law degree will now no longer have to leave the area as Petroc announces plans for a new course.
The Barnstaple campus will be offering a foundation degree in Law with Business from September.
Frances Green, a law lecturer, said: “We’ve been thinking about offering this degree for years and have had a lot of interest from students already, as there is nothing like this on offer round here at the moment.
“The skills learnt on the course are transferable and can be applied to a wide range of careers within the legal and business world.
You may also want to watch:
“It is ideally suited to those thinking about working in the legal department of a large organisation as, perhaps, a legal executive.
“It would also be perfect for someone who owns their own business.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
The degree programme, which is currently subject to final approval from Plymouth University, will cover a number of different aspects.
Petroc will find out on April 24 whether it has the go ahead to start recruiting.
Anyone interested in the course is invited to call the Higher Education office on 01271 852365 for more information.