Petroc announces new law and business degree
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple campus will be offering a brand new foundation degree from September, subject to final approval from Plymouth University.
STUDENTS wanting to study for a law degree will now no longer have to leave the area as Petroc announces plans for a new course.
The Barnstaple campus will be offering a foundation degree in Law with Business from September.
Frances Green, a law lecturer, said: “We’ve been thinking about offering this degree for years and have had a lot of interest from students already, as there is nothing like this on offer round here at the moment.
“The skills learnt on the course are transferable and can be applied to a wide range of careers within the legal and business world.
You may also want to watch:
“It is ideally suited to those thinking about working in the legal department of a large organisation as, perhaps, a legal executive.
“It would also be perfect for someone who owns their own business.”
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
The degree programme, which is currently subject to final approval from Plymouth University, will cover a number of different aspects.
Petroc will find out on April 24 whether it has the go ahead to start recruiting.
Anyone interested in the course is invited to call the Higher Education office on 01271 852365 for more information.