Permanent home for Ilfracombe life saver
- Credit: Archant
Defibrillator now has new home on the wall of Studio 20 under Market Arches.
A ‘wandering’ defibrillator is now available to save lives around the clock after being offered a permanent new home in Ilfracombe High Street.
When Studio 20 owners Mike and Jo Walker heard the police, South Western Ambulance Service and local authorities were appealing for an outside wall to place the equipment on, they offered their premises.
Used within three minutes of a cardiac arrest, a defibrillator can make the difference between life and death in the event of an emergency.
When 999 is dialled, the operator will advise the caller a defibrillator is nearby and will give directions plus a code to access the locked box, which is situated under Market Arches.
You may also want to watch:
The equipment gives clear and easy instructions on how to use it and anyone may do so.
Since October it had been kept at McColls in the High Street, but of course was only available during store opening hours of 7am-11pm.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
“I would like to thank the staff and management at McColls for their support and for allowing us to keep the defibrillator in their store while we were organising a location for the cabinet,” said PCSO Karen Grant.
“Thank you also to Studio 20 and the other businesses in the town that responded to our request.”
If you would like to know more about the defibrillator, contact PCSO Karen Grant by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08456 565057.