Pensioner faces historic rape charges
- Credit: Archant
Man, 82, charged with 16 counts of indecency towards young girls
A pensioner has appeared at North Devon Magistrates’ Court faced with 16 charges of indecency towards young girls today (Friday).
Kenneth Tucker, 82, of Rackenford near South Molton, is charged with one count of rape on a girl under the age of 16, 12 counts of indecent assault on girls under 14 and three counts of gross indecency towards girls under 14.
The incidents are alleged to have occurred between 1990 and 1992 with five different girls.
Mr Tucker, represented by Mr Dart, will face trial at Exeter Crown Court at 10am on November 8.
You may also want to watch:
He remains on unconditional bail.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened