Pedal power pushes Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Four youngsters complete an impressive cycle to help raise money towards the new North Devon chemotherapy unit.
FOUR amazing boys from North Molton Junior School have completed a lengthy sponsored cycle in support of the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
Liam Stanton, Lewis Stanton, Marcus Northcott and Alfie Harris are all aged just 10 or 11, but nonetheless cycled 25 miles from Barnstaple to Bideford and back, raising £518 in the process.
In fact, Marcus even completed the journey on his BMX bike, which has no gears at all.
“They were very determined to raise as much money for the appeal as they could,” said fund raiser Julie Whitton.
You may also want to watch:
“The boys were very enthusiastic and rode an incredible journey, helping us to reach our £2.2million target to help cancer patients in North Devon.”
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up