Pedal power pushes Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Four youngsters complete an impressive cycle to help raise money towards the new North Devon chemotherapy unit.
FOUR amazing boys from North Molton Junior School have completed a lengthy sponsored cycle in support of the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
Liam Stanton, Lewis Stanton, Marcus Northcott and Alfie Harris are all aged just 10 or 11, but nonetheless cycled 25 miles from Barnstaple to Bideford and back, raising £518 in the process.
In fact, Marcus even completed the journey on his BMX bike, which has no gears at all.
“They were very determined to raise as much money for the appeal as they could,” said fund raiser Julie Whitton.
You may also want to watch:
“The boys were very enthusiastic and rode an incredible journey, helping us to reach our £2.2million target to help cancer patients in North Devon.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's