“Pearl’s a sandcastler…”
- Credit: Archant
Legendary singer Elkie Brooks to judge sandcastle comp at Croyde next month.
RENOWNED rock and ballad singer Elkie Brooks is set to judge this year’s National Sandcastle competition, being held at Croyde next month.
The annual spectacle on August 11 is being held in aid of North Devon Hospice, with teams of six battling it out for the national title.
“I am delighted to be taking part by judging this event, I love the beach, and I love sandcastles – let’s hope the weather stays good,” said Elkie, who had hits with the songs Lilac Wine, Pearl’s a Singer and No More the Fool.
This year’s competition has been organised by North Devon Homes.
Spokesperson Michelle West said: “We have been working hard with this year’s main sponsor, Parkdean Holidays, and have lots of exciting things planned.
“We are still looking for sponsors and teams – including junior teams of children aged seven to 16 – to help make this event a great one raising lots of money for the North Devon Hospice.”
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 6 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 10 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
To register a team, or for more information on sponsorship opportunities, visit www.sandcastle.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org