“Pearl’s a sandcastler…”
- Credit: Archant
Legendary singer Elkie Brooks to judge sandcastle comp at Croyde next month.
RENOWNED rock and ballad singer Elkie Brooks is set to judge this year’s National Sandcastle competition, being held at Croyde next month.
The annual spectacle on August 11 is being held in aid of North Devon Hospice, with teams of six battling it out for the national title.
“I am delighted to be taking part by judging this event, I love the beach, and I love sandcastles – let’s hope the weather stays good,” said Elkie, who had hits with the songs Lilac Wine, Pearl’s a Singer and No More the Fool.
This year’s competition has been organised by North Devon Homes.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Michelle West said: “We have been working hard with this year’s main sponsor, Parkdean Holidays, and have lots of exciting things planned.
“We are still looking for sponsors and teams – including junior teams of children aged seven to 16 – to help make this event a great one raising lots of money for the North Devon Hospice.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
To register a team, or for more information on sponsorship opportunities, visit www.sandcastle.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org