“Pearl’s a sandcastler…”
- Credit: Archant
Legendary singer Elkie Brooks to judge sandcastle comp at Croyde next month.
RENOWNED rock and ballad singer Elkie Brooks is set to judge this year’s National Sandcastle competition, being held at Croyde next month.
The annual spectacle on August 11 is being held in aid of North Devon Hospice, with teams of six battling it out for the national title.
“I am delighted to be taking part by judging this event, I love the beach, and I love sandcastles – let’s hope the weather stays good,” said Elkie, who had hits with the songs Lilac Wine, Pearl’s a Singer and No More the Fool.
This year’s competition has been organised by North Devon Homes.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Michelle West said: “We have been working hard with this year’s main sponsor, Parkdean Holidays, and have lots of exciting things planned.
“We are still looking for sponsors and teams – including junior teams of children aged seven to 16 – to help make this event a great one raising lots of money for the North Devon Hospice.”
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
To register a team, or for more information on sponsorship opportunities, visit www.sandcastle.org.uk or email email@example.com