PCSO hit by car in Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
Driver is alleged to have failed to stop for police during routine parking operation.
A PCSO has been struck by a car during in an alleged hit and run during a routine school run parking operation in Ilfracombe.
Police had been tackling congestion and parking problems outside Ilfracombe Junior School after concerns from parents and staff.
Throughout a week police and civil enforcement officers were there moving cars on or issuing tickets.
But on Tuesday, October 1 one woman is alleged to have refused to stop for police and her car collided with a police community support officer before she drove off.
You may also want to watch:
The officer is understood to have suffered minor hand injuries.
Police said the driver was reported for traffic offences.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup