PCSO hit by car in Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
Driver is alleged to have failed to stop for police during routine parking operation.
A PCSO has been struck by a car during in an alleged hit and run during a routine school run parking operation in Ilfracombe.
Police had been tackling congestion and parking problems outside Ilfracombe Junior School after concerns from parents and staff.
Throughout a week police and civil enforcement officers were there moving cars on or issuing tickets.
But on Tuesday, October 1 one woman is alleged to have refused to stop for police and her car collided with a police community support officer before she drove off.
You may also want to watch:
The officer is understood to have suffered minor hand injuries.
Police said the driver was reported for traffic offences.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal