Pay and display parking plan for Ilfracombe
A PUBLIC exhibition will be held into proposals for changes to on-street parking in Ilfracombe on Tuesday of next week. Devon County Council will be presenting its proposals at the Lantern Centre between 1pm and 7pm, and members of the public will be in
A PUBLIC exhibition will be held into proposals for changes to on-street parking in Ilfracombe on Tuesday of next week.
Devon County Council will be presenting its proposals at the Lantern Centre between 1pm and 7pm, and members of the public will be invited to comment on the plans.
The changes to parking in Ilfracombe form part of a countywide review of parking in market and coastal towns. Devon County Council's Cabinet agreed in July last year to investigate the implementation of Pay and Display to ensure continued management of parking in the county.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation, said: "This is an opportunity for people to have their say, but it is important for the public to be part of the process to allow the scheme to be developed in a way that works best for the community."
You may also want to watch:
Proposals for Ilfracombe have already been discussed with the Town Council and High Street Traders Association, and have now been developed for the exhibition.
Councillor Geoff Fowler, Devon County Councillor for Ilfracombe, said: "This Devon County Council initiative is going countywide in due course and so I would prefer that the town plays an active part now in how to best implement it to our best advantage.
- 1 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 2 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 3 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 4 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 5 MP hits back at Lib Dem council leader's winter of discontent warning
- 6 MP calls on councils to 'do more' to support Barnstaple town centre
- 7 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
- 8 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 9 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
"The small amount of proposals for a local scheme have been provisionally drawn up and run past the Town Council. These suggestions are far from set in stone at the moment, that's why it is imperative that the community has its say and perhaps further ideas might come forward.
"Pay and Display will be a fact of life in time to come for most towns and can be flexible. We need to find out how it can help our economy and hopefully any residents parking schemes that could come forward thereafter.