Paws for thought
I would like to bring the following cause to the attention of everyone.
If you, like me, are an animal lover and despair of the current way animal abusers are punished, could you please sign the government-approved e-petition, a link to which can be found online at www.pawsforthought-alfieslaw.co.uk
The petition wants to have improved animal cruelty legislation put in place, with sentencing increased to a maximum of two years custodial and a lifetime ban on keeping animals for persistent or serious offenders.
To be debated in parliament, the petition needs 100,000 signatures. It’s on its way, but needs everyone to come on board.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes