Paws for thought
I would like to bring the following cause to the attention of everyone.
If you, like me, are an animal lover and despair of the current way animal abusers are punished, could you please sign the government-approved e-petition, a link to which can be found online at www.pawsforthought-alfieslaw.co.uk
The petition wants to have improved animal cruelty legislation put in place, with sentencing increased to a maximum of two years custodial and a lifetime ban on keeping animals for persistent or serious offenders.
To be debated in parliament, the petition needs 100,000 signatures. It’s on its way, but needs everyone to come on board.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 5 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford