Mini bus donation is a boost for Pathfield School
- Credit: Matt Smart
Children and staff at Pathfield School have been presented with a new mini bus.
The school was presented with the 17-seater Variety Sunshine Coach on Friday, and was made possible thanks to a donation from home improvement company Vado.
Pathfield School headteacher Cherie White said: “We’re grateful that Variety and Vado have been able to support us.
“We can now take whole classes out on visits away from the school, which we couldn’t do before as we couldn’t get all the children on the buses we had.
“It opens up lots of opportunities and experiences now for the curriculum outside the classroom and beyond the school.”
You may also want to watch:
The home improvement company was able to make the donation after they raised money by organising a four-day, 1,300 mile rally to Copenhagen.
Vado’s Steven Swallow said: “This is the best bit for us. It’s a special moment when you get to see something like this which can help change these kids’ lives.”
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
Variety’s South West committee chairman Derek Cleverdon added: “Variety Children’s Charity is pleased to be able to help special schools with transportation to give children days out. We are grateful for the sponsorship from Vado, who organised a rally to Copenhagen to raise the necessary funds.”