Parracombe murder inquiry
Man held after woman is found shot dead
A man is being held by police on suspicion of murder after a woman was found shot dead on farmland at Parracombe yesterday (Sunday).
Police were called to a remote property near the village after reports of a domestic incident.
A police spokesman said: “On arrival, police found the body of a woman aged in her forties in the grounds of the property having sustained apparent gunshot woulds.
“A man in his 50s was located and arrested on suspicion of murder.”
You may also want to watch:
The premises were cordoned off and police crime investigators began a forensic examination of the scene.
- 1 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 2 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 3 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 4 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 5 MP hits back at Lib Dem council leader's winter of discontent warning
- 6 MP calls on councils to 'do more' to support Barnstaple town centre
- 7 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
- 8 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 9 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 10 The Beggar's Opera - This week at the Queen's Theatre