Parracombe murder inquiry
Man held after woman is found shot dead
A man is being held by police on suspicion of murder after a woman was found shot dead on farmland at Parracombe yesterday (Sunday).
Police were called to a remote property near the village after reports of a domestic incident.
A police spokesman said: “On arrival, police found the body of a woman aged in her forties in the grounds of the property having sustained apparent gunshot woulds.
“A man in his 50s was located and arrested on suspicion of murder.”
You may also want to watch:
The premises were cordoned off and police crime investigators began a forensic examination of the scene.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 8 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 9 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses