Parkinson’s group welcome new chairman
The Torridge branch of Parkinson’s UK welcome a new member of the team
THE TORRIDGE branch of Parkinson’s UK has welcomed a new member onto the team this month.
John Wilson joined the group as Chairman on January 1, after a tough induction programme during December.
John hopes he can help the group support sufferers of Parkinson’s and their families in the Torridge area.
He said: “The purpose of our local branch is to further the work done by Parkinson’s UK in funding research, to provide local support for those with Parkinson’s and their carers and family, and by offering a range of activities that can inform or entertain our members.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity group offers regular monthly meetings, guest speakers, occasional trips and visits and a quarterly meal out to the 65 Parkinson’s sufferers in the area.
John added: “We also offer specifically designed keep fit sessions for our members, and have recently introduced a speech therapy exercise at the start of our monthly meetings.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
The group is looking for volunteers to help them sustain the activities they can offer.
If you are interested in getting involved, or would like any extra information, then please contact John on 01272 860918.