Parkinson’s group welcome new chairman
The Torridge branch of Parkinson’s UK welcome a new member of the team
THE TORRIDGE branch of Parkinson’s UK has welcomed a new member onto the team this month.
John Wilson joined the group as Chairman on January 1, after a tough induction programme during December.
John hopes he can help the group support sufferers of Parkinson’s and their families in the Torridge area.
He said: “The purpose of our local branch is to further the work done by Parkinson’s UK in funding research, to provide local support for those with Parkinson’s and their carers and family, and by offering a range of activities that can inform or entertain our members.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity group offers regular monthly meetings, guest speakers, occasional trips and visits and a quarterly meal out to the 65 Parkinson’s sufferers in the area.
John added: “We also offer specifically designed keep fit sessions for our members, and have recently introduced a speech therapy exercise at the start of our monthly meetings.”
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
The group is looking for volunteers to help them sustain the activities they can offer.
If you are interested in getting involved, or would like any extra information, then please contact John on 01272 860918.