Parkinson's fund-raiser at Alverdiscott
SIR - Parkinson s is a distressing, progressive and debilitating neurological condition, for which there is at present no cure. It can be characterised by tremors, slowness, stiffness in the limbs with general difficulty in getting about and performing s
SIR - Parkinson's is a distressing, progressive and debilitating neurological condition, for which there is at present no cure. It can be characterised by tremors, slowness, stiffness in the limbs with general difficulty in getting about and performing simple tasks.
Although it is possible to control many of these symptoms by medication, Parkinson's patients can also gain great benefit from physiotherapy, and the aim, locally, is to provide special keep fit classes by a neuro-physiotherapist for Parkinson's sufferers.
As a fund-raiser towards this provision, there will be a Barn Dance at Alverdiscott Village Hall on Friday, October 9, from 7.30 - 11pm. The music will be provided by Bloatertown Band and I will be the caller. Admission will be �8.50 (supper included). No bar, but you can bring your own.
For further information and ticket reservations, contact Anne on (01237) 475168 or Janet on (01271) 816069.
You may also want to watch:
You're sure to have a great time, hear some great music, whilst at the same time helping a good cause.
John Blackburn, Northam.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman