Parkinson's fund-raiser at Alverdiscott
SIR - Parkinson s is a distressing, progressive and debilitating neurological condition, for which there is at present no cure. It can be characterised by tremors, slowness, stiffness in the limbs with general difficulty in getting about and performing s
SIR - Parkinson's is a distressing, progressive and debilitating neurological condition, for which there is at present no cure. It can be characterised by tremors, slowness, stiffness in the limbs with general difficulty in getting about and performing simple tasks.
Although it is possible to control many of these symptoms by medication, Parkinson's patients can also gain great benefit from physiotherapy, and the aim, locally, is to provide special keep fit classes by a neuro-physiotherapist for Parkinson's sufferers.
As a fund-raiser towards this provision, there will be a Barn Dance at Alverdiscott Village Hall on Friday, October 9, from 7.30 - 11pm. The music will be provided by Bloatertown Band and I will be the caller. Admission will be �8.50 (supper included). No bar, but you can bring your own.
For further information and ticket reservations, contact Anne on (01237) 475168 or Janet on (01271) 816069.
You may also want to watch:
You're sure to have a great time, hear some great music, whilst at the same time helping a good cause.
John Blackburn, Northam.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing