Parkham hall has new roof
FOUR years of fund-raising has come to fruition at Parkham, where the Allardice Hall boasts a new roof. A bank of photo voltaic panels has been added and is generating electricity to power the building. Cracked downpipes and old fascia boards have been re
FOUR years of fund-raising has come to fruition at Parkham, where the Allardice Hall boasts a new roof.
A bank of photo voltaic panels has been added and is generating electricity to power the building.
Cracked downpipes and old fascia boards have been replaced with uPVC examples which should have a long lifespan.
The photo voltaic panels are on the south facing roof and, during the recent bright, sunny days have been generating more than eight kilowatts of power. The maximum they can generate is just over 9kw.
You may also want to watch:
An LCD display in the hall foyer shows much electricity is being generated, how much carbon dioxide has been saved and how much electricity has been generated in total.
The Allardice Hall also boasts a weather station and the data it collects is displayed on another panel in the foyer.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
The kitchen has also been re-stocked with new crockery and cutlery. It is now able to cater for 175 people at functions.
The next project is to re-locate the toilets from their present position to the changing room that has been vacated by the football club.
It is hoped that this area will be ideal to provide modern toilet facilities.
Tender packs will be available in due course fort anyone who wishes to quote for the work. They should email Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org to register an interest.
Fund-raising in the village will start soon to pay for the new toilets.