Parkham hall has new roof
FOUR years of fund-raising has come to fruition at Parkham, where the Allardice Hall boasts a new roof. A bank of photo voltaic panels has been added and is generating electricity to power the building. Cracked downpipes and old fascia boards have been re
FOUR years of fund-raising has come to fruition at Parkham, where the Allardice Hall boasts a new roof.
A bank of photo voltaic panels has been added and is generating electricity to power the building.
Cracked downpipes and old fascia boards have been replaced with uPVC examples which should have a long lifespan.
The photo voltaic panels are on the south facing roof and, during the recent bright, sunny days have been generating more than eight kilowatts of power. The maximum they can generate is just over 9kw.
You may also want to watch:
An LCD display in the hall foyer shows much electricity is being generated, how much carbon dioxide has been saved and how much electricity has been generated in total.
The Allardice Hall also boasts a weather station and the data it collects is displayed on another panel in the foyer.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
The kitchen has also been re-stocked with new crockery and cutlery. It is now able to cater for 175 people at functions.
The next project is to re-locate the toilets from their present position to the changing room that has been vacated by the football club.
It is hoped that this area will be ideal to provide modern toilet facilities.
Tender packs will be available in due course fort anyone who wishes to quote for the work. They should email Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org to register an interest.
Fund-raising in the village will start soon to pay for the new toilets.