Meet the Park students who have never missed a day of school
- Credit: Park School
Four dedicated students at The Park Community School have celebrated a 100 per cent attendance record.
Laura Swales, Ellie Raymond, Owen Davies and Harry Huxtable have not had a single day off in their five years at the Barnstaple school.
Presenting them with certificates and badges to mark the achievement, headteacher Gareth Roscoe said: "It is widely acknowledged that good attendance has a positive impact on progress.
"For any student to achieve 100 per cent attendance over a school year is fantastic, showing real determination and strength of character.
"To achieve 100 per cent over five full years of secondary education is extremely rare and a remarkable achievement."
You may also want to watch:
He said during their time there they had been great students and role models to others, in the classroom, at sporting events, art, drama and music activities, charity work, as prefects, school council and peer mentors.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon