Park School pennies total �1,100 for Chemo Appeal
AN impressive effort from Park Community School students collecting loose change and holding a non-uniform day has raised �1,100 for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
Students Ethan Good and Peter Hassan approached assistant headteacher Rob Spendlow and asked if they could do something to help the appeal, but none of them expected the fantastic response they received.
An announcement in school assembly followed by a collection of loose change netted �264 in one go alone and the total steadily rose in a short time to reach �1,100.
Years 7 to 10 held a non uniform day, with each pupils paying �1 to wear casual clothes for the day.
It all began when Ethan’s mum started to fund raise for the appeal herself and suggested he and a friend might like to see how much they could collect at their school.
“As a school we’re really proud of what the lads have achieved and we’ll be happy to support the cause again soon, with intention of bettering this total,” commented Mr Spendlow.
On Friday Ethan and Peter, joined by Mr Spendlow, presented their cheque for the total to fund raising manager Ian Roome, who added:
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 4 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 9 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
- 10 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
“It’s an absolutely tremendous effort by the school, all the pupils and these two lads for giving all their time to it.
“It is great to see younger people involved with the Chemo Appeal, which will help the community for future generations to come.”