Pannier market hosts first charity model railway show
- Credit: Archant
The show will feature layouts from local modellers and those further afield, to raise money for Amigos.
BIDEFORD Pannier Market will be hosting its first ever charity model railway show in aid of Amigos on Sunday.
Running from 10am until 4pm, the market will be bustling with working layouts from local modellers and those further afield.
Children can enjoy Thomas the Tank Engine and there will also be a raffle with winner grabbing the star prize of a £200 complete digital train set.
Other prizes include a meal for two at Lathwells and a designer handbag.
You may also want to watch:
Maurice Pearce of Osborns Models in Bideford is behind the show and hopes it will raise as much money as possible.
He said: “All of the modellers have given their services free of charge to support this very worthwhile local charity, so please do come along and marvel at the layouts on offer.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
Amigos is a charity based in Barnstaple that runs child sponsorship programmes and Kira Farm Training Centre in Uganda.
All of the proceeds from the show will go towards helping vulnerable young people in Uganda learn valuable skills.
Entry costs £3 per adult and £1.50 for under-16s. Family tickets cost £7.50.
For more information on the event contact the organisers on 01237 423453.