THE roof of a bungalow at Pancrasweek, near Holsworthy, was severely damaged when fire swept through the property shortly after midnight this morning (Friday). Three appliances from Holsworthy and Bude attended the scene and a fourth appliance from Hartl

THE roof of a bungalow at Pancrasweek, near Holsworthy, was severely damaged when fire swept through the property shortly after midnight this morning (Friday).

Three appliances from Holsworthy and Bude attended the scene and a fourth appliance from Hartland was called in following a request from the incident commander.

The fire fighters estimated that 75 per cent of the bungalow's contents were severely damaged by the fire, the other 25 per cent being affected by heat, smoke and water.

Four hose reels, one covering jet, four sets of breathing apparatus, three large extension ladders and small tools were used to tackle the blaze.