Pair of awards for North Devon Homes
NORTH Devon Homes is celebrating after its Seeds for Change project won in two of four categories it was nominated in at this year’s National Housing Federation.
The association won the NHF Best Impact on Residents and Best Impact on the Local Community categories in the “What we are proud of awards” at the South West regional awards dinner.
Seeds for Change is a NDH Agriculture Social Enterprise initiative working with customers in the Barnstaple area to develop community gardens from disused green spaces or overgrown unmanageable gardens.
Community volunteers joined staff at the awards ceremony where they presented a film about the project and addressed a large audience.
“It was a great experience, inspiring and uplifting to hear everyone’s reaction to our project. Winning the awards was a really positive outcome,” said Carol Lewis, one of the members of the community who attended.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Homes was one of four finalists short listed from 21 across the South West and its garden project is now in its second year and works with customers to collectively grow home produced fruit and vegetables
“The awards we won on the night are an accolade to the hard work and enthusiasm on the part of the community. I was really proud of their achievements,” said Frances Walsh, NDH community development manager.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge