My name is Peter Taylor and I am an old boy (560) of St George’s House, Northern Police Orphanage, Harrogate, which was closed down in 1956.
Although I live in New Zealand and have done since 1947, I am the webmaster for our website www.stgeorgesharrogate.org which records everything available about the lives and times of the old boys/girls.
On leaving the orphanage, over time many of our “orphan children” married and established homes right across the UK, including in Devon. We have lost contact with a lot of them, and hopefully through your newspaper would like to publicise our St George’s reunion, which takes place at The Majestic Hotel from Friday, April 19, to Sunday, April 21, this year.
Any St George’s old boys and girls or members of their family who are interested and wish to know more about our reunions can look at our reunions page or for further details contact Peter Taylor at email@example.com.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple