Orchard Vale in Barnstaple celebrates good Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
Orchard Vale Community School is ‘delighted’ at its good Ofted report.
Orchard Vale Community School has again been rated as ‘good’ by Ofsted.
In a letter to head of school Fiona Pearce, following the visit in March, inspectors said the school provides a rich learning environment with many stimulating resources to help children learn.
They also said: “The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection. Under your strong leadership, the school continues to thrive.
“Teaching provides a consistently high level of challenge to pupils across the school.”
You may also want to watch:
Every parent quizzed by inspectors would recommend the Barnstaple primary to other families.
Fiona Pearce said: “We are delighted that we continue to be a good school with strong leadership that is constantly striving for improvement, so that every child’s experience at Orchard Vale is the best that it can possibly be, and prepares them well for whatever lies ahead.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Lead inspector Stephen Lee says in 2016 all pupils reached the expected standard in reading in external tests and made exceptionally strong progress. Pupils currently in the school are making similarly rapid progress, he says.