Opticians’ marathon effort for North Devon Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Specsavers Barnstaple trio ‘excited’ to take on North Devon Marathon
IT’S a race against the clock for three Barnstaple optician staff members to raise funds to run this year’s North Devon Marathon in aid of the North Devon Hospice.
Specsavers store director, Jonathan Lloyd and his colleagues Pete Sibley and Steph Davey are currently juggling rigorous training regimes with fundraising for the charity as they count down to the race on June 29.
“We are all avid runners and we have always wanted to participate in the North Devon Marathon,” said Jonathon.
“This year we are celebrating the store’s 25th anniversary along with the hospice celebrating their 30th anniversary, so it seemed like the perfect charity to support. They offer vital support in the local community and we are proud to be supporting them.”
You may also want to watch:
Pete added: “Other than being exhausted by the training, I’m very excited to be participating in such a prestigious race. I hope to do both the charity and the store proud!”
To sponsor the team visit the Specsavers store in Gammon Lane, call 01271 373233, or visit www.specsavers.co.uk/stores/barnstaple.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash