Opticians donates hi-vis vests to Bideford primary school
- Credit: Archant
Specsavers donates 60 vests to local school children to ensure safety on school trips.
A BIDEFORD opticians has ensured local school children will be safe on school trips thanks to a donation of 60 hi-visibility vests.
Specsavers has donated to vests to St Marys School in Bideford to ensure the pupils will be seen by road users outside of school grounds.
Jessica Collyer, optical assistant at Specsavers Bideford, who visited the school with Alison Sharland, said: “It was fantastic to meet all the kids, especially as it’s vital to learn how important it is to be visible on the roads from a young age.”
Sam Bunting, deputy head teacher at St Mary’s Church of England Primary School added: “Our children love going on school trips in the surrounding area which means we are often crossing some very busy roads.
You may also want to watch:
“The high visibility vests will ensure that the children will be even brighter than usual.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 8 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley