Opticians donates hi-vis vests to Bideford primary school
- Credit: Archant
Specsavers donates 60 vests to local school children to ensure safety on school trips.
A BIDEFORD opticians has ensured local school children will be safe on school trips thanks to a donation of 60 hi-visibility vests.
Specsavers has donated to vests to St Marys School in Bideford to ensure the pupils will be seen by road users outside of school grounds.
Jessica Collyer, optical assistant at Specsavers Bideford, who visited the school with Alison Sharland, said: “It was fantastic to meet all the kids, especially as it’s vital to learn how important it is to be visible on the roads from a young age.”
Sam Bunting, deputy head teacher at St Mary’s Church of England Primary School added: “Our children love going on school trips in the surrounding area which means we are often crossing some very busy roads.
You may also want to watch:
“The high visibility vests will ensure that the children will be even brighter than usual.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash