Oppose these plans
- Credit: Archant
I write again about the planning application which has been submitted by McDonald’s, Brewers Fayre and Premier Inn to build on the greenfield site which is/was Moreton Park Woods, opposite Atlantic Village.
I am deeply saddened that this woodland has already been cut.
I have spoken to and received a letter from the tree officer, who tells me that some of the trees had symptoms of Phytophthora ramorum and that other trees had reached maturity, therefore the Forestry Commission had consented to their harvest.
But all is not lost.
The felling licences have been granted subject to a restocking condition that requires new trees to be planted by June 2019.
You may also want to watch:
However, any planning permission granted on the land prior to that date would override the restocking requirements.
Please write to the planning department. Please ask that they reject these planning applications and that this woodland may be planted once again.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 3 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
Many people have enjoyed spending time there with their children and with dogs.