Oppose these plans
- Credit: Archant
I write again about the planning application which has been submitted by McDonald’s, Brewers Fayre and Premier Inn to build on the greenfield site which is/was Moreton Park Woods, opposite Atlantic Village.
I am deeply saddened that this woodland has already been cut.
I have spoken to and received a letter from the tree officer, who tells me that some of the trees had symptoms of Phytophthora ramorum and that other trees had reached maturity, therefore the Forestry Commission had consented to their harvest.
But all is not lost.
The felling licences have been granted subject to a restocking condition that requires new trees to be planted by June 2019.
You may also want to watch:
However, any planning permission granted on the land prior to that date would override the restocking requirements.
Please write to the planning department. Please ask that they reject these planning applications and that this woodland may be planted once again.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Many people have enjoyed spending time there with their children and with dogs.