Opening date for new Braunton gym
- Credit: Archant
Young duo have been working around the clock to make sure the facility is ready for Saturday’s open day.
THE owners behind a new gym in Braunton are gearing up for their grand opening on Saturday.
James Fielder and Ben Taylor have been working around the clock painting, plastering and tiling the new facilities in Vellator Way, behind Tesco.
The 23-year-olds, who both grew up in Braunton, had always dreamed of opening a facility in the village, but never found the right spot.
But when plans for a gym in the two units fell through earlier this year, the duo snapped up the opportunity and set to work to create The Gym.
You may also want to watch:
“People have been really excited about it but there’s been some scepticism which has been tough as the last gym that was promised never came to anything,” said Ben.
“We got the keys a lot later than we expected which put us behind schedule – but we’re working extremely long hours to make sure it’s ready.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
“We’ve set a date now and we don’t want to let anyone down, it’s going to be great for the village and we can’t wait to open up.”
The open day on Saturday will run from 12 noon - 4pm, with light refreshments available, and give people a chance to see the facility and find out about membership.
The Gym will offer the latest cardio and resistance equipment, a free weights area, disabled access and a large studio for classes. For more information find The Gym Braunton on Facebook.