Opening date for new Braunton gym
- Credit: Archant
Young duo have been working around the clock to make sure the facility is ready for Saturday’s open day.
THE owners behind a new gym in Braunton are gearing up for their grand opening on Saturday.
James Fielder and Ben Taylor have been working around the clock painting, plastering and tiling the new facilities in Vellator Way, behind Tesco.
The 23-year-olds, who both grew up in Braunton, had always dreamed of opening a facility in the village, but never found the right spot.
But when plans for a gym in the two units fell through earlier this year, the duo snapped up the opportunity and set to work to create The Gym.
You may also want to watch:
“People have been really excited about it but there’s been some scepticism which has been tough as the last gym that was promised never came to anything,” said Ben.
“We got the keys a lot later than we expected which put us behind schedule – but we’re working extremely long hours to make sure it’s ready.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
“We’ve set a date now and we don’t want to let anyone down, it’s going to be great for the village and we can’t wait to open up.”
The open day on Saturday will run from 12 noon - 4pm, with light refreshments available, and give people a chance to see the facility and find out about membership.
The Gym will offer the latest cardio and resistance equipment, a free weights area, disabled access and a large studio for classes. For more information find The Gym Braunton on Facebook.