Open-top buses return in time for summer
New seven-day-a-week service until the end of August
FOR the first time in at least six years, open-top commercial service buses are back on the road in North Devon.
The new Atlantic Explorer Service 8, operated by First Devon and Cornwall, generated promising passenger numbers over the Easter period.
Hopefully, with more fine weather to come, things are looking good for the bus service, which will run seven days a week throughout the summer until August 29.
The Atlantic Explorer Service 8 operates between Barnstaple Town Centre and Croyde Ruda Holiday Park calling at Barnstaple Rail Station, Chivenor, Braunton, Saunton and Croyde on the way.
You may also want to watch:
A ticket allowing customers to hop on and off all day long costs �4 for adults and �3.10 for children; the ticket also allows customers to travel unlimited on all the other First bus services in North Devon, too. Family tickets - suitable for up to five people, with a maximum of two adults - are also available.
Marc Reddy, Managing Director of First in Devon and Cornwall, saids: “We’re thrilled to be able to bring open top buses back to North Devon. This area boasts some of the most amazing scenery that Britain has to offer and what better way to see it all than by travelling by open top bus?
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
“If you go by bus you’ll be able to relax, enjoy the view – seeing over the top of hedgerows – and more importantly you won’t have to worry about the driving, or about finding somewhere to park at the other end.”
Service 8, the Atlantic Explorer, runs hourly Monday – Sunday. For those travelling by train from Exeter joint bus and rail tickets – incorporating travel on the open top bus - are also available from First Great Western.
For more information about the Open Top Atlantic Explorer Bus, log onto: www.firstgroup.com/devon.