Open day in Yeo Valley woodland
IF you go down to the woods next week you re sure to have a big surprise – giants, children in animal masks and wild animals will be greeting local residents at this year s annual Yeo Valley Community Woodland Open Day. Every other year North Devon Coun
IF you go down to the woods next week you're sure to have a big surprise - giants, children in animal masks and wild animals will be greeting local residents at this year's annual Yeo Valley Community Woodland Open Day.
Every other year North Devon Council and community group 'Friends of Yeo Valley Woodland' host a free family event for the local community.
This year there will be a variety of activities held throughout the day including woodland animal mask making, green woodworking demonstrations, juggling workshops and the Exmoor Zoo roadshow.
Visitors will be able to have a go at making their own bee, bird or bat box as well as trying out stone faced hedging.
You may also want to watch:
Yeo Valley Ward Member Cllr Chris Haywood says: "This is always a great event and I'd encourage everyone who lives nearby to come along and see what's on offer. The woodland is really getting established now and this open day will give local residents the opportunity to find out how they too can get involved."
Yeo Valley Ward Member Cllr Colin Payne says: "A number of activities take place at the woodland throughout the year and this is a good opportunity to find out more about all the hard work that's gone into the project since it began four years ago. It's also a great day out for all the family to enjoy!"
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
The open day is taking place on Sunday, September 6 from 11am to 4pm at the Yeo Valley Community Woodland, Silverwood Heights, Barnstaple. Please note there is no parking, so it would be better to walk or cycle to the event.
For further information on the open day or other events at the woodland, contact the Parks Team on 01271 388326 or e-mail email@example.com.