Open day for Holsworthy AgriBusiness Centre
- Credit: Archant
Day will allow people to have a look around the centre which is mid-construction and get a feel for how it will look.
AN open day is being held for people to come and see how the new Holsworthy AgiBusiness Centre is shaping up.
On Saturday, December 14, the centre will be open from 11am until 1pm so people can come along and see the 14-acre regeneration project.
Torridge District Councillor Barry Parsons said the £6million scheme will ensure Holsworthy remains a ‘sustainable market town’ in the future.
He said: “The economic implications for retaining a livestock market here are massive – it’s a catalyst for the growth of other business sectors in the town and will create many more jobs and attract new businesses to the wider area.”
You may also want to watch:
A variety of information boards will be on display so people can see how the finished market will look inside and out.
Chris Spear, area director for Morgan Sindall, the building contractors for the project, said: “Given the importance of the new agri-centre to the people of Holsworthy and the surrounding district, we’re pleased to now be able to show the public the site so far.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
“The team is on-track to open the centre on time and to budget, and we’re looking forward to seeing people’s reactions when they take a look around.”
A rough idea of numbers is required for health and safety reasons so if you would like to come along to the event, contact Kivells on 01409 253275 and leave your details.