Open day at Ilfracombe's Tyrrell Hospital
THE Tyrrell Hospital in Ilfracombe is holding an open day and cream tea on Saturday for people to see the improvements made in the past year thanks to the generosity of the public. The event has been organised by the Tyrrell League of Friends and begins a
THE Tyrrell Hospital in Ilfracombe is holding an open day and cream tea on Saturday for people to see the improvements made in the past year thanks to the generosity of the public.
The event has been organised by the Tyrrell League of Friends and begins at 2pm, when the Mayor, Councillor Philip Webb, North Devon MP Nick Harvey and Brian Sherwin, chairman of Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, will be in attendance.
Gloria Satchwell, chairman of the League of Friends, said they had spent in the region of �75,000 to �100,000 on enhancing the hospital for patients and visitors.
"Many people have said we are now one of the most well equipped cottage hospitals in the area," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"We have refitted a new day room for the patients, there's a new reception area and a new room equipped for the minor injuries unit.
"It's so beautifully modern now, it's so well equipped and has to be seen, so it would be nice for everyone and especially those who have made donations, to come along and see what we've spent the money on."
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
Other purchases for the hospital include two new trolleys, a hoist for the wards, new televisions and new curtains throughout.
Entry to the open day is �1.50, but for that visitors will get tea and coffee, scones and a cream tea, plus cake!