Open day at Ilfracombe's Tyrrell Hospital
THE Tyrrell Hospital in Ilfracombe is holding an open day and cream tea on Saturday for people to see the improvements made in the past year thanks to the generosity of the public. The event has been organised by the Tyrrell League of Friends and begins a
THE Tyrrell Hospital in Ilfracombe is holding an open day and cream tea on Saturday for people to see the improvements made in the past year thanks to the generosity of the public.
The event has been organised by the Tyrrell League of Friends and begins at 2pm, when the Mayor, Councillor Philip Webb, North Devon MP Nick Harvey and Brian Sherwin, chairman of Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, will be in attendance.
Gloria Satchwell, chairman of the League of Friends, said they had spent in the region of �75,000 to �100,000 on enhancing the hospital for patients and visitors.
"Many people have said we are now one of the most well equipped cottage hospitals in the area," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"We have refitted a new day room for the patients, there's a new reception area and a new room equipped for the minor injuries unit.
"It's so beautifully modern now, it's so well equipped and has to be seen, so it would be nice for everyone and especially those who have made donations, to come along and see what we've spent the money on."
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
Other purchases for the hospital include two new trolleys, a hoist for the wards, new televisions and new curtains throughout.
Entry to the open day is �1.50, but for that visitors will get tea and coffee, scones and a cream tea, plus cake!