Open day and exhibition at Petroc School of Art in Barnstaple
ANYONE interested in the art world or local college art courses is invited along to the Petroc School of Art open day this Saturday (July 3) in Barnstaple. The event will be at the School of Art campus on Pottington Industrial Estate from 10am-4pm, with t
ANYONE interested in the art world or local college art courses is invited along to the Petroc School of Art open day this Saturday (July 3) in Barnstaple.
The event will be at the School of Art campus on Pottington Industrial Estate from 10am-4pm, with the opportunity to speak to staff and students about their work or find out more about the courses on offer.
There will also be a chance to see the Foundation Degree students' end of year exhibition entitled Rock, Paper, Scissors, which has been chosen to represent the three different art degree courses of Fine Art, Ceramics and Illustration.
A full time Foundation Degree runs for two years or four years part time and is the equivalent of the first two years of a full degree.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is part of the North Devon Festival and features an array of high quality and inspirational pieces, continuing the school's well earned reputation as a launch pad for the arts and artists in the South West.
In addition, forty Foundation Diploma students are exhibiting work alongside the main exhibition.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
Find out more about the open day or the courses on offer by calling Petroc on (01271) 852341, or 07870 58358. Alternatively email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.petroc.ac.uk/higher_education for more details.