One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- Credit: Deep South Media
One of Bideford’s oldest Mill Street eateries has been sold at auction for £181,000.
Cleverdon’s is one of Bideford’s oldest ‘eating houses’ and has been an integral part of Mill Street for decades.
The premises at 18 Mill Street sold for £181,000 – some £6,000 above the lower end of the freehold guide price.
Senior Auction Appraiser David Henwood said: “Located within the pedestrianised zone in Bideford town centre, the property was among the lots in the sixth sale of 2021 by the regional land and property auctioneers Clive Emson.
“This substantial mid-terrace property came with the benefit of living accommodation on its upper three floors.
You may also want to watch:
“The new owner may wish to continue its use as a licensed restaurant and takeaway but there is also scope for some sort of mixed-use or residential scheme too, subject to the necessary consents.”
With a rear courtyard and outbuilding with two rooms, the property was listed with a guide of £175,000 to £200,000.
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple