Olympic experience for visitors
An Olympic torch will help visitors to Dartington Crystal raise money for charity.
VISITORS to Dartington Crystal will have the opportunity to be photographed with an Olympic torch and raise money for charity.
Torrington torch bearer Ian Buchanan has leant the official torch to the company in the midst of the London 2012 games.
Visitors to Dartington can hold the torch and be photographed with it while donating profits to the Exeter Leukemia Fund.
Neil Hughes, Dartington’s managing director, said: “We are delighted to host the torch here and give our visitors an extra special experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We met Ian when he carried the torch through Torrington and hope we can help raise as much as possible for his nominated charity.”
Mr Buchanan was nominated to carry the torch on May 21 due to his commitment to charitable fund raising.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted