Olympic experience for visitors
An Olympic torch will help visitors to Dartington Crystal raise money for charity.
VISITORS to Dartington Crystal will have the opportunity to be photographed with an Olympic torch and raise money for charity.
Torrington torch bearer Ian Buchanan has leant the official torch to the company in the midst of the London 2012 games.
Visitors to Dartington can hold the torch and be photographed with it while donating profits to the Exeter Leukemia Fund.
Neil Hughes, Dartington’s managing director, said: “We are delighted to host the torch here and give our visitors an extra special experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We met Ian when he carried the torch through Torrington and hope we can help raise as much as possible for his nominated charity.”
Mr Buchanan was nominated to carry the torch on May 21 due to his commitment to charitable fund raising.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 7 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 Team to lead community-focussed Gazette into new era