‘Olympic’ effort for Chemotherapy Appeal
Sports clubs asked to put in a match-winning performance to boost local cancer facilities at North Devon District Hospital
CANCER survivor Lisa Bousted is calling on North Devon sports clubs to get together and put in an Olympian-style effort in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Lisa, who teaches more than a thousand people to swim every week through her Aquarius Swimschool business, is planning to hold a series of sponsored swims to raise money for a new unit at North Devon District Hospital.
And the married mum-of-four is appealing to other local sports clubs and groups to hold their own events in aid of the �2.2million campaign.
“When I read about the appeal in the Gazette, something inside me just clicked and I knew I had to do something,” said, Lisa, 39.
You may also want to watch:
“It’d be great to try and bring the local sporting community together for such a worthwhile cause.
“There are lots of different ways that clubs can get involved and if enough of us get together, we could even hold a special sports day-style event on Barnstaple Square.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
“We have the Olympics coming up next year so it’s going to be a year of sports – let’s see if us sportspeople can help make a difference to the lives of local cancer patients.”
Any sports clubs or groups interested in joining Lisa to help to raise money for the appeal can contact her on (01271) 329750.
To find out more about the appeal and other ways in which you can help, visit the campaign website – www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/charity or telephone fund-raising manager Ian Roome on (01271) 311772 or email email@example.com
Alternatively, visit the special appeal page on the Gazette website – www.northdevongazette.co.uk/news/chemotherapy-unit-appeal