Olympian opens Ilfracombe’s Lantern Court development
- Credit: Theo Moye
Dame Mary Peters DBE visited the town on Wednesday for the official ceremony to mark the opening of the retirement apartments.
A former British Olympic pentathlon champion was guests of honour at Lantern Court in Ilfracombe on Wednesday.
Dame Mary Peters DBE, was in the town to formally open the McCarthy and Stone Retirement Living development, as well as chat to residents and visitors.
The gold medallist at the 1972 Olympic Games was joined by McCarthy and Stone regional managing director, Shane Paull, for the ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Those who attended took the opportunity to explore the fully furnished show complex and communal facilities, learn more, and meet and talk with Dame Mary.
You may also want to watch:
“This ceremony signalled an important milestone for the development, so we were delighted to have someone of Dame Mary’s stature here to help us mark the occasion in style,” said Mr Paull.
“The day was a huge success and we look forward to welcoming visitors living in and around Ilfracombe to the development to have a look around.”
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 8 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
Lantern Court consists of 42 one and two bedroom apartments and is situated on the cliff top overlooking Ilfracombe harbour.
The development can be visited Tuesday to Saturday from 10.30am to 5pm or call 0800 201 4742 or alternatively visit www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk.