Oceanfest postponed until 2021 due to the coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
This year’s GoldCoast Oceanfest at Croyde has been postponed until 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Organisers announced today (Friday, April 17) that ‘with very heavy hearts’ the iconic festival would now take place from June 18 to 20, 2021.
Oceanfest20 from June 19 to 21 had been set to see a return of Kaisers Chiefs, plus Rudimental and rock band Reef.
In a statement, the festival team said: “Each year our team strives to ensure the safety of everyone at Oceanfest and sadly it would be unsafe for the event to take place this June due to the COVID19 pandemic.
“With the current government advice under constant review, we feel that we cannot in all good faith commit to an alternative date later this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Although these circumstances are beyond our control, we still would like to send our sincere apologies to everyone who was looking forward to joining us for #Oceanfest20 this summer.”
Anyone who had already purchased a ticket will have it automatically transferred over to 2021 without needing to take any action, with emails going out in the coming days, as well as what options they have if they are unable to attend the festival next year.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
The organisers added: “Thank you for your understanding. We are genuinely gutted we will not be sharing our traditional midsummer weekend in sunny Croyde Bay.
“We will now work our hardest to make next year the truly memorable production we all deserve and already look forward to seeing you at #Oceanfest21 on June 18-20, 2021.”