Oceanfest box office is now closed - see you there!
FINAL ticket sales have been brisk for the GoldCoast Oceanfest at Croyde this weekend and the box office is now closed. Now it is a case of see you there with organisers convinced this year promises to be the best ever. Some tickets may be available for
FINAL ticket sales have been brisk for the GoldCoast Oceanfest at Croyde this weekend and the box office is now closed.
Now it is a case of "see you there" with organisers convinced this year promises to be the best ever.
Some tickets may be available for sale on the gate this Friday morning, but there are absolutely no guarantees, because ticket allocation depends on the final number athletes who will be taking part in the three day surf, sport and music festival.
Some travel advice from organisers includes making sure ticket holders get there as close to 10.30am on Friday as possible to collect their festival entry wristbands.
You may also want to watch:
"Travelling down the A361 through Barnstaple and onto Croyde always takes longer than you think and is a very tiring drive, so allow yourselves plenty of time to get to us in one piece," said festival director Warren Latham.
"Over the weekend if you are travelling from outside Croyde do have a designated driver or better still, why not take advantage of the extended bus services running from Barnstaple to Braunton and back again on the Stagecoach Buses 308 route?"
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 9 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
Late buses are running after the Friday and Saturday gigs, but travellers have been advised to get to them by 11.15pm at the latest.
Full festival details, including bus time tables, can be found in last week's GoldCoast wrap published with the North Devon Gazette and online at www.goldcoastoceanfest.co.uk/news.
* Don't bring valuables and put labels on items such as prescription glasses.
* Don't leave valuables in cars.
* No pets or animals are allowed at Oceanfest.
* The event is licensed and no alcohol or drugs are allowed anywhere on site.
* Keep personal belongings to a minimum as it reduces search times.
* Please use the recycle facilities at the event.
* Listen to the Lifeguards - swim and surf between the correct flags.
* No glass or drinking in Croyde village or on the beach.
* Croyde beach will be closed in the evenings.
* Respect the locals, the environment and each other!