Nurse gets under starter’s orders for Chemo Appeal
Charlotte to take part in West Down 10k to raise money for new cancer unit
A NORTH Devon Cancer nurse will be lacing up her running shoes in aid of the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal this weekend.
Charlotte Overney, the lead nurse for cancer services at North Devon District Hospital, is taking part in the 10k road race at the West Down village fair on Saturday.
Charlotte and fellow members of staff at the unit are also holding a sweet stall, cake stall and tombola at the event, being held in the village field from 1pm.
Sweets have been donated by staff, patients and the Barnstaple branch of Tesco.
You may also want to watch:
The fete will also feature a beer tent, barbecue, live music, cream teas, stalls, competitions, as well as a four-and-a-half kilometre fun run and junior football competition.
It is put together by village organisations and local charities as a fun community event and to raise money for good causes.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
Readers can sponsor Charlotte on-line at www.justgiving.co.uk/charlotte-overney