Nurse gets under starter’s orders for Chemo Appeal
Charlotte to take part in West Down 10k to raise money for new cancer unit
A NORTH Devon Cancer nurse will be lacing up her running shoes in aid of the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal this weekend.
Charlotte Overney, the lead nurse for cancer services at North Devon District Hospital, is taking part in the 10k road race at the West Down village fair on Saturday.
Charlotte and fellow members of staff at the unit are also holding a sweet stall, cake stall and tombola at the event, being held in the village field from 1pm.
Sweets have been donated by staff, patients and the Barnstaple branch of Tesco.
You may also want to watch:
The fete will also feature a beer tent, barbecue, live music, cream teas, stalls, competitions, as well as a four-and-a-half kilometre fun run and junior football competition.
It is put together by village organisations and local charities as a fun community event and to raise money for good causes.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
Readers can sponsor Charlotte on-line at www.justgiving.co.uk/charlotte-overney