Nuggets of humour as Lucy Porter comes to North Devon
SPARKLING wit and nuggets of humour are on offer next weekend as top stand up comedian Lucy Porter brings her Fools Gold tour to a brace of North Devon venues. As part of her national tour, she will take her critically acclaimed 2009 Edinburgh Festival sh
SPARKLING wit and nuggets of humour are on offer next weekend as top stand up comedian Lucy Porter brings her Fools Gold tour to a brace of North Devon venues.
As part of her national tour, she will take her critically acclaimed 2009 Edinburgh Festival show to the George Hotel in South Molton on Friday, April 2 and the Old Market Inn at Holsworthy on Saturday, April 3.
Lucy has proved a hit with theatre and festival audiences up and down the country and will be familiar to many from stints on Mock the Week, Have I Got News for You? And Never Mind the Buzzcocks.
Fools Gold ask what is so special about the shiny yellow stuff and why humans have for so long been obsessed with it. Lucy delves into a humorous history of gold, meeting King Midas, nodding at the Aztecs and moving on to present day gold lovers, such as rappers and Jimmy Saville.
You may also want to watch:
Gold is harmless to ingest and one lucky audience member at each show will get the chance to eat some real gold, increasing their value - albeit temporarily - for the evening.
Promoters have also promised a full ticket refund to anyone who can convert base metals into gold during the show.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
So expect a mine of factual nuggets set on a glittering bed of wit, warmth and laughter. The show promises to be a gilt-edged treat from one of the UK's most enduringly popular comics.
Tickets for the show at the George Hotel in South Molton, which starts at 8.30pm, are available from the venue on (01769) 572514. To see Saturday's show at the Old Market Inn, Holsworthy from 9pm, call (01409) 253941.