Nuggets of humour as Lucy Porter comes to North Devon
SPARKLING wit and nuggets of humour are on offer next weekend as top stand up comedian Lucy Porter brings her Fools Gold tour to a brace of North Devon venues. As part of her national tour, she will take her critically acclaimed 2009 Edinburgh Festival sh
SPARKLING wit and nuggets of humour are on offer next weekend as top stand up comedian Lucy Porter brings her Fools Gold tour to a brace of North Devon venues.
As part of her national tour, she will take her critically acclaimed 2009 Edinburgh Festival show to the George Hotel in South Molton on Friday, April 2 and the Old Market Inn at Holsworthy on Saturday, April 3.
Lucy has proved a hit with theatre and festival audiences up and down the country and will be familiar to many from stints on Mock the Week, Have I Got News for You? And Never Mind the Buzzcocks.
Fools Gold ask what is so special about the shiny yellow stuff and why humans have for so long been obsessed with it. Lucy delves into a humorous history of gold, meeting King Midas, nodding at the Aztecs and moving on to present day gold lovers, such as rappers and Jimmy Saville.
You may also want to watch:
Gold is harmless to ingest and one lucky audience member at each show will get the chance to eat some real gold, increasing their value - albeit temporarily - for the evening.
Promoters have also promised a full ticket refund to anyone who can convert base metals into gold during the show.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
So expect a mine of factual nuggets set on a glittering bed of wit, warmth and laughter. The show promises to be a gilt-edged treat from one of the UK's most enduringly popular comics.
Tickets for the show at the George Hotel in South Molton, which starts at 8.30pm, are available from the venue on (01769) 572514. To see Saturday's show at the Old Market Inn, Holsworthy from 9pm, call (01409) 253941.