Notorious Pottington lights to be fixed
- Credit: Archant
Devon County Council to replace signal controller at bridge junction with Braunton Road in Barnstaple.
THE green light has been given to cure a notorious junction at Pottington in Barnstaple of its traffic light failures.
Devon County Council has given the go ahead to replace the traffic signal controller at the junction of Braunton Road and the Western Bypass.
The lights have failed on numerous occasions there since the system was installed in 2007.
The council said despite repeated site visits and investigations by both the signal manufacturer and the maintenance contractor for the county’s traffic signals, the issue had not been resolved.
You may also want to watch:
Work is due to start on Tuesday, May 14 and is scheduled to take two days. As part of the scheme, other minor works will be carried out to street equipment including some of the signal poles.
The council said while the work would be off the road way, temporary lights would be needed and there could be some congestion and delays to road users, particularly during peak times.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate