Northam singer to follow in Beyonc�’s footsteps
North Devon teenager to perform at London’s O2 Arena
NORTHAM singing sensation Tamsin Ball will be following in the footsteps of Lady Gaga, Beyonc� and Kylie Minogue when she performs at London’s O2 Arena next month.
Tamsin, 17, will take to the stage in the former Millennium Dome on January 15 after booking her place in the finals of a national singing contest.
It’s been a long road to the capital for the trainee hairdresser, who took part in her first audition for the Open Mic UK competition during the summer. She went on to impress judges at a regional final in Plymouth in October and hit the right notes in area final at Portsmouth Guildhall on November 27.
The panel of judges said Tamsin’s rendition of Empty Chairs at Empty Tables from Les Mis�rables was “polished and professional with the talent to walk into any West End show”.
You may also want to watch:
Thousands of acts have entered this year’s competition to find the best unsigned singers, songwriters, rappers and vocalists of all genres.
As well as performing at the O2, Tamsin, who has been classically trained from the age of 11, could also be in line for a share of �50,000 in prizes and a �30,000 recording contract.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
Chris Grayston, from Future Music, said: We are searching for an act that not only has the live ability to impress an audience, industry judges and A&R associates, but an act that has the potential to become a professional recording artist.”
“Tamsin works really hard and is dedicated to her singing,” said grandfather Maurice Heather.
“A group of North Devon musicians, singers and friends will be travelling to London to support her at the O2.”
Tickets to see Tamsin perform at the show are available on (01237) 470006.