Northam preschool celebrates ‘outstanding’ Ofsted
- Credit: Archant
Snapdragons Preschool praised in first report in its new permanent home in Jackets Lane.
A PRESCHOOL in Northam is celebrating after its first outstanding Ofsted report in its brand new premises.
The report from an inspection in April praised the school for the ‘superb skills’ of the staff and the ‘extremely happy’ children.
“Children thrive and are well motivated to learn in this extremely high quality preschool,” the report said.
Snapdragons Preschool was housed in Morwenna Park Road Community Centre after funding was withdrawn at the 11th hour in 2010 for a brand new facility.
You may also want to watch:
The parent-run committee decided to raise the funds for a new premises, which opened in September last year in Jackets Lane after raising £180,000.
Jo Manley, director of the preschool, said: “On September 26 we proudly opened our doors to our new, permanent home.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
“The dedicated team have worked tirelessly since this time towards our goal of achieving an ‘outstanding’ Ofsted report.
“In April, when we had our inspection, we achieved this with flying colours.”