Northam Burrows to get spring clean
- Credit: Archant
Anyone wishing to get stuck in can roll up their sleeves and join in the cleanup on Friday.
AN event is being held this week to give Northam Burrows and the Pebble Ridge a spring clean for National Climate Week.
Anyone wishing to get stuck in is urged to help out in one of three cleanups on Friday and bring with them warm clothing and appropriate footwear.
Local students will be taking part in the event, with Mrs Recycle on hand to offer advice and run educational events in the Biosphere’s inflatable dome.
Refuse bags, gloves and maps will be provided to everyone participating and Tesco will be supplying refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco will also be conducting a marine waste survey.
The first group will meet at 12pm at the Westward Ho! gate of Northam Burrows, for those who really want to get stuck in with the cleaning.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
Another will meet at 1pm at the Pebble Ridge car park, and this will provide an opportunity to get involved with the marine waste survey.
The final group will meet at 2pm near the Burrows Centre, and the walk out to the cleaning spot will provide a chance for some bird spotting.
Councillor Gaye Tabor, lead member for the natural and built environment, said: “Northam Burrows Country Park is there for everyone to enjoy.
“The Pebble Ridge and the Atlantic provide a stunning backdrop and I’m thrilled that so many people have pledged their support for this event.”
For more information contact the Burrows Centre on 01237 479708 or email email@example.com