Northam Burrows to get spring clean
- Credit: Archant
Anyone wishing to get stuck in can roll up their sleeves and join in the cleanup on Friday.
AN event is being held this week to give Northam Burrows and the Pebble Ridge a spring clean for National Climate Week.
Anyone wishing to get stuck in is urged to help out in one of three cleanups on Friday and bring with them warm clothing and appropriate footwear.
Local students will be taking part in the event, with Mrs Recycle on hand to offer advice and run educational events in the Biosphere’s inflatable dome.
Refuse bags, gloves and maps will be provided to everyone participating and Tesco will be supplying refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco will also be conducting a marine waste survey.
The first group will meet at 12pm at the Westward Ho! gate of Northam Burrows, for those who really want to get stuck in with the cleaning.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Another will meet at 1pm at the Pebble Ridge car park, and this will provide an opportunity to get involved with the marine waste survey.
The final group will meet at 2pm near the Burrows Centre, and the walk out to the cleaning spot will provide a chance for some bird spotting.
Councillor Gaye Tabor, lead member for the natural and built environment, said: “Northam Burrows Country Park is there for everyone to enjoy.
“The Pebble Ridge and the Atlantic provide a stunning backdrop and I’m thrilled that so many people have pledged their support for this event.”
For more information contact the Burrows Centre on 01237 479708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org