North Walk closed after man ‘made threats to kill’ at police station
- Credit: Archant
Updated: Police confirmed a man had been arrested after ‘incident’ at Barnstaple Police Station.
NORTH Walk in Barnstaple was closed last night (Weds) while armed police officers dealt with an incident at the police station.
Officers were scrambled to the scene after a man allegedly drove into the police station yard and allegedly ‘made threats to kill’.
A police spokesman said it was unclear if the man had a weapon so firearms were dispatched to the scene.
The road was cordoned off at 6.20pm for safety reasons for around two hours.
You may also want to watch:
A 48 year old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of drink driving and making threats to kill.
He remains in custody and will be interviewed this morning.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes