North Tawton creamery wins clutch of awards
MILK Link s Taw Valley Creamery, in North Tawton achieved an exceptional set of results at the Frome Show, including being named Champion in the Best Creamery Cheddar and Best Territorial classes. The creamery picked up a further two gold awards for its
MILK Link's Taw Valley Creamery, in North Tawton achieved an exceptional set of results at the Frome Show, including being named Champion in the Best Creamery Cheddar and Best Territorial classes.
The creamery picked up a further two gold awards for its medium cheddar and Red Leicester; five silver awards for its medium cheddar, mature cheddar, vintage cheddar, extra mature cheddar and reduced fat cheddar; and four bronze awards for its mature cheddar, Red Leicester, reduced fat cheddar and organic cheddar. The creamery was also awarded a gold in the class of Cheese for export in Commercial Packaging.
Neil Kennedy, chief executive of Milk Link, said: "We are absolutely delighted that the excellence of our cheeses from Taw Valley has been recognised at the highly regarded Frome Show.
"This is testament to the exceptionally high quality of our products and the dedication and talent of our workforce. We are thrilled to build on the success we have already had in 2009 with these new awards."
You may also want to watch:
Milk Link produces a range of branded cheeses and butters, including Tickler, the fabulous extra-mature cheddar produced in the heart of Devon; The Red One, the really remarkable Red Leicester; Lockerbie Cheddar and Butter, unique products with a special kick and "a wee bit of bite"; the Cadog range of bilingually-branded cheeses; and Moo Milk, the extended shelf life milk which comes as full-fat, semi-skimmed, one %, skimmed and with different flavours.
The company manufactures over 20 varieties of cheddars, Blue Stiltons and British regional cheeses for the retail, food service and ingredients sectors and employs over 1,000 staff across five cheese and dairy processing facilities and its consumer packing facility at Oswestry, Shropshire.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'