North Molton pre-school reopens
TODDLERS in North Molton have been mixing with the big kids again following the re-opening of the village pre-school. Youngsters aged as young as three are now able to attend sessions at North Molton Primary School after a reorganisation of the classes
TODDLERS in North Molton have been mixing with the "big kids" again following the re-opening of the village pre-school.
Youngsters aged as young as three are now able to attend sessions at North Molton Primary School after a reorganisation of the classes helped to create a spacious double sized area for both the reception class and pre-school children. The previous nursery, situated in a portable building in the old school playground, had to close in January 2008.
Teacher Elizabeth Toon, said: "We are delighted that on our first day we had 11 children and some sessions are fully booked with 13. With two sets of identical twins here on day one, we are just about managing to remember who's who!
"It's fantastic having the pre-school integrated with us and it means that when it comes to 'starting school', children will already be happily settled in."
The new pre-school will be initially offering four half-day sessions a week, Monday to Thursday, 9am-12.45pm.
"If all goes well and demand is there, we have ambitions to provide full days at a later date," added Mrs Toon.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 7 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 8 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 9 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
The school is also investigating the possibility of providing a cooked school lunch.
Julie Belcher Truss, whose daughter Charlotte, uses the new pre-school, said: "It's so good to be able to bring Charlie here as she already knows a lot of children from the village and surrounding areas and is familiar with the school as until last term, my son George attended North Molton."
For further information about the pre-school or to book a place, contact Jo Hutter on (01598) 740343.