North Molton pre-school reopens
TODDLERS in North Molton have been mixing with the big kids again following the re-opening of the village pre-school. Youngsters aged as young as three are now able to attend sessions at North Molton Primary School after a reorganisation of the classes
TODDLERS in North Molton have been mixing with the "big kids" again following the re-opening of the village pre-school.
Youngsters aged as young as three are now able to attend sessions at North Molton Primary School after a reorganisation of the classes helped to create a spacious double sized area for both the reception class and pre-school children. The previous nursery, situated in a portable building in the old school playground, had to close in January 2008.
Teacher Elizabeth Toon, said: "We are delighted that on our first day we had 11 children and some sessions are fully booked with 13. With two sets of identical twins here on day one, we are just about managing to remember who's who!
"It's fantastic having the pre-school integrated with us and it means that when it comes to 'starting school', children will already be happily settled in."
You may also want to watch:
The new pre-school will be initially offering four half-day sessions a week, Monday to Thursday, 9am-12.45pm.
"If all goes well and demand is there, we have ambitions to provide full days at a later date," added Mrs Toon.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West
The school is also investigating the possibility of providing a cooked school lunch.
Julie Belcher Truss, whose daughter Charlotte, uses the new pre-school, said: "It's so good to be able to bring Charlie here as she already knows a lot of children from the village and surrounding areas and is familiar with the school as until last term, my son George attended North Molton."
For further information about the pre-school or to book a place, contact Jo Hutter on (01598) 740343.