North Devonians born and bred
SIR - C J Smith s letter in the North Devon Gazette, ON September 16 really destroys the excuse made by some of those who describe the area in which we live as Northern Devon instead of, the correct, North Devon. Some argue that using Northern Devon make
SIR - C J Smith's letter in the North Devon Gazette, ON September 16 really destroys the excuse made by some of those who describe the area in which we live as Northern Devon instead of, the correct, North Devon.
Some argue that using Northern Devon makes the people of Torridge "feel included." Those people born, for example, in Bideford are and always have been North Devonians just as those born in Barnstaple are.
The idea to reshape the constituency boundaries also makes sense. It seems illogical that North Devon is split between two parliamentary constituencies particularly given the real possibility of a joint management arrangement between the Torridge and North Devon councils. Perhaps the possibility of reshaping the constituency boundaries will take the minds of the Boundary Committee off of the unwelcome and unwanted Unitary Authority proposals!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple