North Devon will remember this Sunday
Region will once again honour the fallen with services and parades at local churches and war memorials.
NORTH DEVON will honour those who fought for their country this Remembrance Sunday with services around the region.
Barnstaple’s Remembrance Service will be held at the War Memorial in Rock Park from 10.50am, where the Mayor and town councillors will be joined by the Royal British Legion and the uniformed organisations of the town. It will be followed by a parade to Barnstaple Parish Church where a full service will be held.
The tenth Children’s Remembrance Service, featuring 13 schools from the Barnstaple area, is this Friday from around 10.45am.
Bideford’s Victoria Park will be the focus with the traditional Act of Remembrance at 10.50am followed by a parade to St Mary’s Parish Church.
You may also want to watch:
Ilfracombe hosts its annual event at the war memorial in the grounds of Holy Trinity Parish Church, with a parade followed by the Act of Remembrance at the memorial and then a special Remembrance service at the church. From 8pm that evening there will be a get together to sing well known songs from the wars at the George and Dragon Public House in Fore Street.
In Torrington a parade will form up at the Lidl car park and set off for the war memorial at the cemetery around 10.30am, with all welcome to attend.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
In Braunton a parade will leave Caen Street car park at 10.20am and make its way to St Brannocks Parish Church for the service and laying of wreaths. Afterwards the salute will be taken at the Memorial Gardens.
Braunton British Legion holds its annual Festival of Remembrance Concert at Christ Church tomorrow (Thursday) from 7.30pm and featuring Hartland Town Band, followed by a short service led by Reverend Anne Thorne.
Combe martin’s Remembrance Day Parade will muster at the village coach park at 9.30am and set off for St Peter Ad Vincula Parish Church at 9.55. After a service of remembrance the congregation will proceed to the war memorial for a two minute silence and laying of wreaths.