North Devon will remember them
- Credit: Andrew Linnett
Annual Festival of Remembrance at the Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple on Sunday, November 3.
THE 19th North Devon Festival of Remembrance Concert will take place at the Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple this Sunday (November 3).
Always a well attended event, the 2.30pm concert will once again remember those who fought and died during both world wars, as well as more recent and ongoing conflicts.
This year it will also commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Battle for the Atlantic and recall the ‘forgotten war’ of Korea.
Funds raised will go to ABF the Soldiers’ Charity, and the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
It will be presented by John Coates of BBC Radio Devon and features The Band of the Royal Corps of Signals, plus North Devon Pipes and Drums, Barnstaple Jubilee Singers, Barnstaple Sea Cadet Corps and Barnstaple Youth Marching Band.
The Archdeacon of Barnstaple, the Venerable David Gunn-Johnson, will conduct the Service and Act of Remembrance.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Music will include the well known naval marches, Under the White Ensign, and Viscount Nelson, and the pipers will play, Highland Cathedral and Amazing Grace. The finale will include Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Pomp and Circumstance No 1.
Invited guests include Rear Admiral Richard Cheadle CB DL, President the Royal British Legion (Devon), plus the Mayors of Barnstaple, Bideford & South Molton, and the chairmen of various local Armed Forces Associations.
The 18 previous concerts have raised around £150,000 for the two charities, to provide crucial financial support to serving and former personnel and their families when in need.
Tickets are available direct from the box office on 01271 323242, or via www.northdevontheatres.org.uk