North Devon website will help Drug Proof Your Kids
A NEW website has been launched in North Devon aimed at protecting local young people from the dangers of drugs and alcohol. It seems that hardly a week goes by without national press coverage of drug and alcohol misuse, be it about research showing the i
A NEW website has been launched in North Devon aimed at protecting local young people from the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
It seems that hardly a week goes by without national press coverage of drug and alcohol misuse, be it about research showing the increase in youth binge drinking, debate about the price of alcohol and promotions, or the harm caused to individuals and the country in terms of personal health and crime.
The website initiative is a development of the local Drug Proof Your Kids campaign, which aims to stop young people adding to these statistics by reaching and supporting parents with children in, or about to enter, secondary school.
DPYK is a six-session programme aimed at equipping parents with the knowledge and skills they need to protect their children from the harmful use of drugs, including alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
A team of presenters in North Devon has already delivered the course to more than 190 parents and is looking to widen its reach with the launch of the new website.
The site www.dpyknorthdevon.co.uk looks at the issues, explains more about the course and what people think of it. It also provides links to other helpful sites, details of future local courses and enables online booking. If anyone is interested in hosting a course in their area, the site explains what needs to be done.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 7 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 Team to lead community-focussed Gazette into new era