North Devon website will help Drug Proof Your Kids
A NEW website has been launched in North Devon aimed at protecting local young people from the dangers of drugs and alcohol. It seems that hardly a week goes by without national press coverage of drug and alcohol misuse, be it about research showing the i
A NEW website has been launched in North Devon aimed at protecting local young people from the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
It seems that hardly a week goes by without national press coverage of drug and alcohol misuse, be it about research showing the increase in youth binge drinking, debate about the price of alcohol and promotions, or the harm caused to individuals and the country in terms of personal health and crime.
The website initiative is a development of the local Drug Proof Your Kids campaign, which aims to stop young people adding to these statistics by reaching and supporting parents with children in, or about to enter, secondary school.
DPYK is a six-session programme aimed at equipping parents with the knowledge and skills they need to protect their children from the harmful use of drugs, including alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
A team of presenters in North Devon has already delivered the course to more than 190 parents and is looking to widen its reach with the launch of the new website.
The site www.dpyknorthdevon.co.uk looks at the issues, explains more about the course and what people think of it. It also provides links to other helpful sites, details of future local courses and enables online booking. If anyone is interested in hosting a course in their area, the site explains what needs to be done.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park